5 Tips to Prevent Water Damage
A few quick and easy tips may help in preventing water damage in your home...Check them out below!
- Plan before you plant any trees or plants. Make sure you know where irrigation systems run to ensure that you keep roots away from growing near any water lines.
- We cannot share this one enough, clean your gutters! Clogged gutters are a huge culprit of water damage and can not only cause flooding but mold growth as water seeps into a home's foundation.
- Water leaks can sometimes go completely unnoticed. A good way to try and prevent this is to pay attention to your water bill. If it is much higher than you think it should be, you may have a leak in your home.
- When you need to unclog a drain, use a drain snake rather than unclogging chemicals. This can help ensure that the chemicals do not eat away at your pipes making them more susceptible to water leaks.
- Finally, DO NOT pour grease down the sink. It is a huge factor in clogged water pipes and can cause leaks and water damage to your home.