Insurance Policy - What You Should Know
Understanding your insurance policy makes it so much easier to know when you are covered.
Insurance is a subject that most find unimportant until they are in a situation when they need it. Our advice? DO NOT be like this.
As a business or homeowner, it is vital to know exactly what your policy covers! We cannot tell you how many times we find that a business or home is damaged and some (or none) of the repairs are covered.
In Florida, more often than not the lack of coverage surrounds flood or mold damage.
Make it a priority to call your agent sometime this week. Have a five to ten-minute "checkup" conversation just to make sure you are all on the same page with your policy and coverage!
Put your mind at ease, and know that when the unexpected happens, SERVPRO of West Volusia will be here for you, and your insurance will pay for it!
If you are in need of Cleaning & Restoration services, give us a call at (386) 574-0864.
Dealing With A Fire Aftermath
It's important to know what to do following a fire.
We are heading into a season of dryer air.
Like a hurricane or any other natural disasters, wildfires bring up the urgency for people to understand what they are dealing with, should they ever be caught in that situation. One of the most important things to understand is wildfires can get out of control and the result can be disastrous.
If you find yourself as a victim of this event there are a few necessary measures to take immediately:
1. Ensure the health and safety of those involved. This is best achieved through emergency personnel. As soon as possible, make sure you seek help.
2. When the situation is SAFE and CONTAINED, it is important to assess the damage to your home or place of business, in the case of a wildfire, this should involve both your insurance and local authorities.
3. Restoration. SERVPRO understands what a devastating and trying time this is for you and your family. Know that we are here to make the restoration process as seamless and as comfortable for you as possible. We will walk with you through this process from beginning to end.
Is Your Workplace Prepared for Hurricane Dorian?
Hurricane Dorian is currently sitting on the east coast of South Florida. While there are many topics that detail vital safety issues, this post will be dedicated to workplace safety. Specifically, preparing for bad weather.
Living in Central Florida, we are no stranger to the severe weather we face not only during hurricane season but earlier in the year too. That's why it's important to have an emergency plan in the office, just like you would for your family at home.
Here are a few tips that you should think about when forming your office emergency weather plan:
- Make sure you always have a way to listen to the local weather stations in your area when dealing with severe weather.
- Have your own way of notifying employees when the weather becomes dangerous. Don't only rely on community systems.
- It is important that your employees know where to seek shelter in the case of a tornado or severe storm.
- In the event, a tornado or severe storm causes damage to your workplace, proceed with caution through areas, and watch out for hazards.
- Call SERVPRO of West Volusia County to help deal with any water damage that may occur. We are committed to making sure your property damage is as minimal as possible.
You should always discuss your emergency plan with employees and make sure that they know exactly what to do in the case of a tornado or severe weather.
Having this plan in place can help prevent injuries or accidents during a severe weather situation.
For more information on National Safety Month, visit the National Safety Council Website.
SERVPRO of West Volusia County - 386.516.3893
Summer, Wet Floors, and your Central Florida Home
Summertime for a lot of families means staying busy with lots of fun activities! If you live in Florida, a majority of those activities probably include water.
Whether you are cooling off in the pool, spending your days at the beach, or enjoying those awesome Florida water parks, those wet feet, clothes, and accessories may have done a number on your floors this summer.
Can't forget those wet shoes after getting caught in a Central Florida afternoon thunderstorm!
Don't worry, the little bit of water most likely will not cause long term damage to your flooring. However, it may be time for a good cleaning!
Did you know that chlorine from a pool or water park can actually leave permanent stains on your flooring? It can also create an odor from where the chlorine has seeped into the carpet fibers. Saltwater can also leave a sticky feeling residue on carpet and flooring, as well as make spots on your carpet feel stiff where the water was not completely dried up.
Whether chlorine or saltwater, your local Central Florida SERVPRO team can take care of that "end of summer" residue in no time! We offer regular carpet cleaning services that will keep your carpet looking new. Protect your flooring with the carpet cleaning you can count on. We use safe state-of-the-art equipment and solutions and our certified and experienced technicians will get those floors clean in no time.
Give SERVPRO of West Volusia a call today at 386.516.3893.
Ready to Respond
SERVPRO of West Volusia is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 386-574-0864
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of North Seminole County has specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Call Your West Volusia Experts
What's that musty odor? Where did this spot on the ceiling come from? Has the corner of that wall always looked like that?
If any of the above questions make you think about your home, it's time to give SERVPRO of West Volusia a call.
The bad news: If you have ever asked or thought any of the above questions, you may be dealing with a mold issue in your home.
The good news: We are experts in mold remediation! Our crew would be happy to come out and inspect your home and the area of concern to see what you may be dealing with - at no cost to you, of course.
Mold in your home can be scary...In some cases, it may even mean health concerns for your family. But don't worry, SERVPRO of West Volusia is here to serve you and help get your life back to normal and your home mold-free!
Give us a call today: (386) 574-0864
FIre Safety Plan
Having a fire safety plan for your family is so important. In the event of a fire, every family member knowing exactly what to do could truly be life-saving. That's why here at SERVPRO of West Volusia County we strongly support the creation of home fire escape plans in every household.
If you do not already have a plan in place for your home, here are a few tips for creating one!
- Family members should know two ways to get out of every room in the home.
- Make specific escape routes and plans for homes with two stories or more.
- Pick a meeting place outside of the home where your family will go in the event of a fire.
- Home fire drills should be performed to make sure that the plan in place works well.
- Make sure every member of the family knows how to call 9-1-1.
For all of your fire restoration needs, give us a call at (386) 574-0864.
For Immediate Service call SERVPRO of West Volusia -
Our franchise provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. For 35 years we have been responding immediately to any emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7: (386) 574-0864
Whether your Volusia County home needs emergency flood damage or your carpets cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for Fire/Water/Mold damage to strike your Volusia County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation/Restoration
Hurricane Season...It's Time to Start Preparing
Hurricane Preparedness Week (May 5-11, 2019)
There are so many essential tools and preparedness tips to get your family ready for hurricane season. Here in Central Florida, we know how important it is to make sure your family has a solid plan in place to stay as safe and secure as possible when facing a big storm. Here are a few guidelines we find most effective:
- Stay tuned to your local weather channels. Be in the know! It allows you the most time to prepare if a storm arises. It also allows for the most accurate local threats you may face during and after severe weather.
- Have an evacuation plan in place. Know where you would go, transportation avenues, and a timeline for travel.
- Finally, finalize an insurance plan that has the coverage you need to protect against severe weather damage. The majority of homeowners do not know the complete extent of what their insurance plan does or does not cover.
We hope these reminders assist you in planning for this upcoming hurricane season. Know that SERVPRO of West Volusia is always here for your storm restoration needs! (386) 574-0864.
Be Ready For Anything
SERVPRO Ready App
Did you know SERVPRO offers an app so that you can be ready for anything? It can be downloaded from the App Store and the Android Market. You do not even need to be a current customer of SERVPRO to download!
Download is fast and simple. Search SERVPRO in the App Store or Android Market. You will see a green and orange SERVPRO logo and the app is labeled Ready Plan. Once in you can register to create your user ID and password.
You can then explore the app for tips and more information on SERVPRO. The app is self-explanatory and easy to use. You can add the property or properties that you manage, along with important contact information, property or building information, emergency contacts and insurance information.
You can even file a claim right from the app, no need to search for a SERVPRO closest to you! Whether you are a home owner, commercial property owner or property manager, this app is handy for anyone.
For more information, including a short video about its uses, please click the link below.