Trained and Certified
At SERVPRO of West Volusia we pride ourselves on having trained, IICRC Certified employees and state of the art equipment. Our ability to take moisture readings and see what's happening "inside" your walls with our infrared camera(s), enable us to insure we will dry your property out properly. We take moisture readings daily, entering those readings into our drybook logs, giving us the information we need to do our job and giving you the peace of mind that you made the right decision in calling SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of West Volusia is ready to respond to any size water damage, commercial or residential, 24/hours a day; 7/days a week. A live person always answers your call to assess your situation immediately and respond accordingly.
SERVPRO of West Volusia 386-574-0864
"Like it never even happened."
Emergency Ready Plan
Are you Emergency Ready?
When you have a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) in place for your business, you are ready for whatever happens!
SERVPRO of West Volusia can provide your company with an ERP individually tailored to your needs. Here's what it does:
- Identifies a point of contact able to authorize work orders. This allows us to be able to quickly get to work repairing any damage in the event of a water or fire damage.
- Provides significant details on valve shut off locations, identifies areas with important safety equipment and presents emergency contact information and notes. This allows any employee you wish to have easy access to vital emergency information in the event that damage occurs.
SERVPRO of West Volusia is here to help protect your business by helping you get prepared! Give us a call today: (386) 574-0864
Protect Your Central Florida Home from Flooding
SERVPRO drying a home after a flood leaves standing water.
Flooding can happen anywhere and if you live in Florida, you know even one of our heavy afternoon thunderstorms can ensure flooding can happen "any time" as well.
It's a scary thought to think that your home could be underwater at a moment's notice.
So we thought we would share a few tips that can help you stay flood-free.
- Water flow - How does water flow around your house? It's important that it flows away from the structure. If it is noted that this is not the case, you may want to call an irrigation specialist to see if it is possible to correct it.
- Water valves - Two words: modify them. So many times in flooding cases we see sewage backup and overflow. That is the LAST thing you want to be dealing with, so it may be worth it to look at installing a back-flow valve.
- Lastly, in the event that you believe flooding is about to occur, move as many items as you can away from the rising water (electronics especially). Then give us a call, and we will be out there ASAP to help!
If you experience flooding or water damage, give us a call at (386) 574-0864.
5 Tips to Help Prevent Water Damage
Water damage can come in all different ways - Here are some tips you should know.
A few quick and easy tips may help in preventing water damage in your home...Check them out below!
- Plan before you plant any trees or plants. Make sure you know where irrigation systems run to ensure that you keep roots away from growing near any water lines.
- We cannot share this one enough, clean your gutters! Clogged gutters are a huge culprit of water damage and can not only cause flooding but mold growth as water seeps into a home's foundation.
- Water leaks can sometimes go completely unnoticed. A good way to try and prevent this is to pay attention to your water bill. If it is much higher than you think it should be, you may have a leak in your home.
- When you need to unclog a drain, use a drain snake rather than unclogging chemicals. This can help ensure that the chemicals do not eat away at your pipes making them more susceptible to water leaks.
- Finally, DO NOT pour grease down the sink. It is a huge factor in clogged water pipes and can cause leaks and water damage to your home.
In the event of water damage, call the experts at SERVPRO of West Volusia County to make it disappear! (386) 574-0864
Tornado Safety Plan, What You Need To Know
A tornado can happen very quickly.
We do not see them very often in Central Florida. However, during some major storms, the threat of a tornado can become very real, very quickly.
SERVPRO of West Volusia County specializes in flooding and storm damage restoration, but our first priority is you. That's why we wanted to share a few safety tips with you so that in the event of a tornado, you know what to do.
- It is important to know the difference between Tornado Watches and Tornado Warnings. If a Tornado Watch is issued for your area, it means that weather conditions are favorable for a tornado to occur. If a Tornado Warning is issued in your area, it means a tornado has been detected in your area and you should seek shelter immediately.
- If a tornado warning is issued in your area, make sure that everyone in the home goes to an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows. Usually, this would be a basement, closet or bathroom.
- It is always a good idea to have a portable battery-operated radio. That way in the event of a tornado you are able to still listen to weather warnings and updates from your safe room.
In the event that damage occurs to your home or place of business due to a major storm...SERVPRO of West Volusia County is here for you. Give us a call at (386) 574-0864
My Central Florida Home Has Fire Damage, Now What?
Photo of women cleaning walls and baseboards and furniture with a cloth after fire causes damage to the home and smoke residue.
When you have experienced a fire in your home, one of the first things you want to do is call your insurance company. Find out everything you can about your policy to ensure that you know exactly what it will cost you to begin the repairs.
Then, you call us.
We are leading experts in fire restoration for homes and commercial properties; and we are here for you 24/7 every single day.
As soon as you call we will set up a time to come to your home and assess the damage. From there, we will help you make a plan begin the restoration process.
Fires can leave the affected area looking completely destroyed. So, one of the first things we will do is clean up! This includes water extraction, smoke and soot removal from floors, walls and ceilings, and cleaning all restorable items that were damaged by the fire.
We will also try and protect your home from any further damage by tarping part of the roof or boarding up windows and doors if needed.
Finally, the restoration process begins and we work to restore your home to pre-fire condition, "Like it never even happened."
If your home or commercial property has recently been damaged by a fire, give us a call at: (386) 574-0864.
Selling A Central Florida Home?
Choose us to help your home sell faster!
Realtors, This One's For You.
Want to know a secret? Clean homes sell faster! Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. In Florida, we also understand the increased potential for previously undetected mold growth in any given home. Any leaks, water stains, or lingering odors can also be a sign of a larger issue.
Your sellers may have trouble spots to address before you list or schedule a home inspection. However, a lot of times realtors are the first ones to spot the issue. Either way, make sure you get a professional to address the problem(s). That way, you are less likely to run into issues during the buyer inspection.
SERVPRO of West Volusia is here to help with any of these issues and more! Give us a call today, for a free mold inspection or assessment:(386) 574-0864.
Why You Should Choose Us
Anything can lead to water damage. Let us help you be ready to deal with what may come.
Forces of nature, appliance and plumbing problems can lead to severe flooding in the interior of a home or office. There are precautions one can take to reduce the damage, but water damages can still occur. When it does occur, one needs to take the next logical step. It becomes important to hire a water removal specialist. A specialist can do exactly what is necessary to restore a water-damaged environment to its original state.
There are several important functions a specialist must perform. One of the most important is to properly extract the water from the environment.
Once the water has been removed, it becomes important to properly take care of the damage that has been done to the property. An individual can only perform this with a clear eye for the process. A water damage professional can spot wear, tear, and damage that a novice would not. This is another reason why it is necessary to call in the services of a professional, such as SERVPRO.
A water damage specialist can then perform all the work needed to restore a home to its original condition. This is a critical point because if the property is not repaired in the aftermath of the water damage, it can present great safety risks. This increases the liabilities a homeowner can face after water damage.
Proper repair work can also restore the value of the property. This is very important because no one would want to see the equity of his or her home decline. Water repair specialists can work tremendously well in terms of restoring the value of a home. That alone makes the value of a repair specialist extremely significant.
If you've encountered a large leak or a flood, a specialist will have all the equipment needed to take care of the situation quickly and simply. If there is a lot of water that you think you can take care of yourself, assess whether you think structural damage can occur within the extra time it may take you as opposed to a specialist.
Depending on what type of water there is, it could be harmful to your health. You should always call in a professional to get the job done. Once all the water is extracted or pumped out you would have to completely dry out the whole area. SERVPRO owns several large, high power drying fans to prevent further damage. Further damage, if not dried completely in a reasonable amount of time, could result in the growth of mold. In some cases, a water specialist may offer much lower prices and more accurate work than a regular plumber.
A SERVPRO specialist can handle septic systems, broken dishwashers or other plumbing or water utility device issues. If a strange smell in your home just won't go away, consider calling a water damage specialist at your local SERVPRO.
Insurance Policy - What You Should Know
Understanding your insurance policy makes it so much easier to know when you are covered.
Insurance is a subject that most find unimportant until they are in a situation when they need it. Our advice? DO NOT be like this.
As a business or homeowner, it is vital to know exactly what your policy covers! We cannot tell you how many times we find that a business or home is damaged and some (or none) of the repairs are covered.
In Florida, more often than not the lack of coverage surrounds flood or mold damage.
Make it a priority to call your agent sometime this week. Have a five to ten-minute "checkup" conversation just to make sure you are all on the same page with your policy and coverage!
Put your mind at ease, and know that when the unexpected happens, SERVPRO of West Volusia will be here for you, and your insurance will pay for it!
If you are in need of Cleaning & Restoration services, give us a call at (386) 574-0864.
Dealing With A Fire Aftermath
It's important to know what to do following a fire.
We are heading into a season of dryer air.
Like a hurricane or any other natural disasters, wildfires bring up the urgency for people to understand what they are dealing with, should they ever be caught in that situation. One of the most important things to understand is wildfires can get out of control and the result can be disastrous.
If you find yourself as a victim of this event there are a few necessary measures to take immediately:
1. Ensure the health and safety of those involved. This is best achieved through emergency personnel. As soon as possible, make sure you seek help.
2. When the situation is SAFE and CONTAINED, it is important to assess the damage to your home or place of business, in the case of a wildfire, this should involve both your insurance and local authorities.
3. Restoration. SERVPRO understands what a devastating and trying time this is for you and your family. Know that we are here to make the restoration process as seamless and as comfortable for you as possible. We will walk with you through this process from beginning to end.